American taxpayers, sorry your money was taken away from you to produce something that really doesn't present real solutions nor does it help the current situation in Iraq which continues to slide towards the bad......
This is just ridiculous, and disgusting to read as a moderate liberal Iraq who wants his or her own country to get better. The truth is that this is a report that has points I agree with but those are far and few between. Anyone who knows a little about Iraq could have come up with some of the points of the report.
Sunni insurgents are being supported financially by individuals from the Arab world? Really no shit!!?? Good one….. That must have taken a while to realise…….
Shiite members of militias are in the ministries and security forces and some are rogue elements that work on their own? Wow James Baker you must be a genius for that one too…..
The only thing missing from the report was the following:
In conclusion, we decide that the best course of action for peace in Iraq is to let our old friend Saddam out of jail and allow him to continue what he did in the past to secure the area. I am surprised they left that part out.
How many references to Kurds and Kurdistan? You add them all up and there are more references to oil and that is not me being biased….. Next time you want to write about Iraq visit all of Iraq. They did not even visit the Kurdish north because once again they are expandable to keep Turkey happy. Why didn't Baker say well investment and life in Iraqi Kurdistan is booming and it continues to progress and we hope the rest of Iraq follows suit by creating a security apparatus loyal to the country first......
A centralised government? No autonomous regions? Who are you to know what Iraqis all want. Some Iraqis will be happy with the report, especially those who are anti American and want to prove Bush wrong at any cost.
This is not about Bush, things were done wrong but for example why did they not look at the root causes of the problems? For example unemployment in the youth is sky high and they have nothing to do or earn so they join the insurgents or the militias….. How do you avoid that? Give them something to do…. Bring back conscription…… Don’t bring back the old army in its entirety but bring back conscription and you will see a difference in the problem….
Corruption is a rampant problem, I regret my vote and wish there were new elections again and I think I am not all alone, the ministers are sitting down enjoying the lives they used to say Saddam enjoyed…. They are all multi-millionaires now and for god’s sake I know you like the prestige but in the end of the day you have made your money leave…… I am not talking about all but most and I know personally how Iraqis can be…..
Like look at me I have the best cars or best this… one of the ministers I know personally has his son hired in another ministry and his son doesn’t even speak any language besides English, he is learning….. this is disgraceful and upsetting because it seem like I have given up on good people…. We think the world is full of good people but sadly we know that is not the case…..
Arrest Hareth Al Dhari and Moqtada Al Sadr, this will make a double statement that we don’t differentiate between criminals……whether Sunni or Shiite it doesn’t matter, a criminal is a criminal….. I don’t understand what they are waiting for?
My Iraq study recommendations to Bush:
- Bring back conscription, give the youth something to do, fighting for their own country back from the corrupt Iraqis who are everywhere
- Arrest all those clerics that talk about hate and evil….. Hareth, Moqtada etc….
- All Iraqis given high positions such as minister or undersecretary should not have any immediate family allowed to work in any ministry or work in embassies around the world. ENOUGH NEPOTISM WE ARE SICK OF IT
- Fix the basic utilities, these should not even be ministries…. Give the utility ministries by force to technocrats with financial aid that will instil all the necessities……
- Ask the allies of the US in the Arab world to hand over all those Iraqis who are busy collecting funds in the countries they live in and send it back to Iraq to promote their own agendas or to keep the infighting going on….
- Give all your support and funding to Iraqi liberals and moderate even if it is out there in the open, we don’t care…. They don’t have armies, they have words and just as we see with Fouad Siniora in Lebanon that can’t help much…..
Have a nice day :)
The life and views of of a Kurd from northern Iraq living in exile, hoping that the people inside Iraq one day attain the chances and opportunities that I have been lucky enough to enjoy.
- ▼ 2006 (11)
- ► 2005 (29)